HVAC Services in Bensalem, PA
Fill out the form below and a member of our team will reach out to you as soon as possible.
Pennsylvania’s weather necessitates a high-quality HVAC system, and that requires expert-level HVAC services in Bensalem, PA, and the surrounding areas. So, it’s no surprise that locals trust Lions Heating and Air Conditioning for top-notch repairs, replacements, installations, and maintenance. Why not give our Ben Salem team a call to see what we can do for you today?
AC Repair in Bensalem, PA
If you catch problems before they deteriorate, you safeguard your unit’s components. That’s why scheduling quick air conditioning repairs can keep your unit running at maximum capacity for as long as possible.
What are the top signs that you need to call a trustworthy technician like Lion Heating and Air for HVAC repair in Bensalem?
- Poor indoor air quality that worsens allergy symptoms or respiratory issues
- Unexplained electric bill hikes without increased energy usage
- Air temperatures that don’t seem to match the thermostat’s setting
- No air or warm air blowing from the cooling vents
- Odd smells coming from the air conditioner’s ductwork or vents
- Loud noises, like banging or rattling
When you call Lion Heating and Air Conditioning, our Bensalem professionals thoroughly investigate the cause and location of the cooling issue. We can often resolve these issues on the same day. Plus, our 24/7 services ensure that you don’t have to deal with a broken unit for long.
While you cannot safely repair certain parts without risking your health, completing partial checks on your air conditioner can sometimes be helpful. For example, you could check whether your air filter needs a replacement and clean around the outdoor unit. Still, considering the time of year, being without fast HVAC repair services in Pennsylvania can even be life-threatening, so don’t wait to call us for assistance.
AC Replacement in Bensalem, PA
Air conditioners should be able to last 12 to 15 years in Pennsylvania, although they may wear down more easily after the 10-year mark. However, if you’re seeing symptoms of age-related wear and tear, the usual component repairs may not fix the problem.
Here’s how to assess whether your Bensalem air conditioning system needs a replacement:
- Rule of 5,000: Multiply the cost of your repair by the age of the system. Does it exceed what it would cost to replace the system? For example, if a replacement is around $5,000, and this calculator churns out a higher number, it’s worth looking at a new unit.
- Decreased efficiency: Does your air conditioner have to work longer to produce the same results as before, even after new parts and maintenance? If you want to avoid electric bill spikes, consider replacing the unit.
- Constant repairs: Does your system break down several times a year? Repair fees mount when a replacement is around the corner.
One last consideration is the Environmental Protection Agency’s stipulation that HVAC units not use R-22 refrigerant, which has ozone-damaging properties. Newer refrigerants reduce these damaging effects, which is why the Pennsylvania government offers loans, tax incentives, and more to switch over if you haven’t already done so.
Why not schedule our trusted HVAC services in Bensalem, PA, and check your unit’s compliance?
Furnace Repair in Bensalem, PA
There are countless reasons you shouldn’t skimp on your furnace maintenance and repairs in a state with such a cold climate. Professionals like Lion Heating and Air Conditioning highly recommend taking quick action if you notice the following signs that your furnace needs a tune-up:
- Uneven heating in one room or across the property
- Water leaks around the unit or frozen coils
- Odd noises coming from the system as it operates
- Carbon monoxide alarm alerts
- Unpleasant smells emanating from the ductwork or vents
- Unexplained energy consumption that indicates a problem with energy efficiency
Take extra precautions if you notice potential gas leak signs, such as a rotten egg or sulfurous smell around your furnace. Gas leaks can be extremely serious, so be sure to do the following:
- Evacuate, prioritizing the safety of yourself and anyone else on the premises. Leave the doors open as you go.
- Once outside, stay at least 300 feet away from the building.
- Call 911.
- Then, call our HVAC repair specialist for immediate assistance.
Unfortunately, older furnaces are more likely to experience gas leaks, especially if you have not kept up with consistent maintenance through the years. That’s why Lion Heating and Air Conditioning advises Bensalem clients to schedule tune-ups with repairs every fall. Scheduling maintenance at the beginning of fall prepares your furnace for winter and can be more cost-effective.
Furnace Replacement in Bensalem, PA
Like air conditioners, even the highest-quality furnaces will eventually stop working efficiently despite replacement parts and consistent maintenance. In Pennsylvania, you can typically expect a furnace to last 15 to 30 years, depending on the type of fuel it uses.
As winters get especially cold in Bensalem, many local furnaces use natural gas. However, other households may use fuel sources such as:
Electric furnaces have gained some popularity in the central and southern states due to cheaper installation costs. Electricity as a fuel source also reduces the risk of a carbon monoxide leak or fire. Still, natural gas tends to produce more power faster, which can quickly heat a frigid northern home.
Are you thinking of changing from natural gas to another fuel type with your new furnace? Be sure to check in with Lion Heating and Air Conditioning to ask about the various HVAC services in Bensalem, PA. Our team is more than happy to help you find a unit that meets your heating needs and budget.
How do we ensure a range of reliable options for our Bensalem customers? Lion Heating and Air Conditioning specializes in HVAC installation services that use the best brands and latest technology. From start to finish, the polite and highly skilled installation team can make the transition to your new furnace a smooth one.
Heat Pump Repair in Bensalem, PA
Did you know that most units you think of as air conditioners are air-source heat pumps? Typically, these heat pumps will use a single thermostat control that works on a central unit to provide hot or cold air, depending on the season.
This type of unit works by circulating refrigerant but can also reverse the flow of the chemical. The reversed flow then collects heat energy from the opposite direction. For example, in winter, you might use the heat pump to bring heat indoors from outside.
Most Bensalem properties with a heat pump have one of four types as follows:
- Air-source: Works like an air conditioner but also reverses the refrigerant flow to gather heat.
- Water-source: Uses pipes to circulate the refrigerant under nearby water sources, absorbing and releasing heat energy that way instead of through the air.
- Geothermal or ground-source: Digs deep into the ground where temperatures stay stagnant around 52 degrees Fahrenheit to facilitate heat exchange.
- Hybrid: One of the three above heat pumps that also connects to another heat source, such as your boiler or furnace, for additional heating power.
These four heat pump types have varying installation and maintenance needs and different refrigerant pump problems compared to an air conditioner. Our licensed and insured HVAC technician would love to tell you more about our great-value HVAC services in Bensalem, PA.
Heat Pump Replacement in Bensalem, PA
While installations need careful attention to detail, heat pump replacements are usually quick and easy. Even if you have ground or water-source installations in place, our team will be able to use the infrastructure to house the new main unit without much hassle.
You won’t need to worry about old piping removal unless the system has corroded significantly. However, replacement costs will also depend on several other factors, from the heat pump’s location to the size of the property. First-time installations can be expensive, but the heat pump’s return on investment often pays itself off in just a few years.
For example, the EPA confirms that homeowners with ground-source heat pumps can save 20 to 70% on their heating costs and around 20 to 50% on cooling costs. That’s potentially thousands in savings compared to conventional air conditioners, furnaces, and boilers in Bensalem, Pennsylvania’s climate.
How can you figure out which heat pump type will be more cost-effective for your home or business in Pennsylvania? Consult the Lions Heating and Air Conditioning experts to determine what your property needs and find the best system for it.
Our Bensalem team aims for excellence, and we always complete the work quickly and professionally. We can also advise you on whether a simple heat pump unit change will do the trick rather than a full overhaul.
Bensalem Relies on Lions Heating and Air Conditioning!
With our HVAC services in Bensalem, you get the following and more:
- 10-year manufacturer warranty
- No-hassle payment quotes
- 24/7 emergency heating and cooling services
Contact us online or call Lions Heating and Air Conditioning at 215-274-0662 today! Our team has over 15 years of experience in providing quality HVAC services in Bensalem, PA.